Paris Wrap-UpDecember 17, 2015
I returned from Paris nearly a week ago. Thanks to jet lag, writing deadlines, and other commitments, I'm just now getting everything posted from the trip. The eight days I spent in Paris were fantastic. I enjoyed seeing the city's renowned historical sites and I enjoyed seeing the United Nations COP21 climate conference. Either of those experiences would have made for a meaningful trip on their own.
- Why I Will Provide a Christian Moral Witness at the Paris Climate Conference, Religion News Service (December 2); several newspapers, including Washington Post, reran this piece
- Ecumenical Service at Cathedral Spotlights Faith, Climate Change, Ethics Daily (December 7)
- Christian Leaders Seek Changing Faith Climate in Paris, Ethics Daily (December 8)
- Evangelicals Meet in Paris, Consider Biblical Call on Climate Change, Ethics Daily (December 9)
- Christians in Paris Urge Climate Action for Vulnerable Global Neighbors, Ethics Daily (December 10)
- U.S. Evangelicals in Paris Reflect on Climate Talks, Ethics Daily (December 11)
- Faith advocates weigh Paris agreement on climate change, Baptist News Global (December 14)
- A forthcoming article in Herald magazine next month.
- Additionally, I filmed four Ethics Daily video interviews with faith leaders: Episcopal Bishop Marc Andrus, World Evangelical Alliance President Efraim Tendero, Relief.SG CEO Jonathan How, and Christian Reformed Church in North America advocate Kyle Meyaard-Schaap.
- Day 1a (Thursday), mostly COP21 "green zone"
- Day 1b (Notre Dame), Notre Dame Cathedral and ecumenical service there
- Day 2 (Friday), mostly COP21 "green zone" and Christian panel
- Day 3 (Saturday), mostly offsite Christian conference
- Day 4 (Sunday), mostly sightseeing (including Place de la République, Sainte-Chapelle, and Eiffel Tower)
- Day 5 (Monday), COP21 "green zone" and sightseeing (including Montmartre and Sacré-Coeur)
- Day 6 (Tuesday), mostly COP21 "green zone"
- Day 7 & 8 (Wednesday & Thursday), "Solutions COP21" site & sightseeing (including Arc de Triomphe)