Predatory Lending, Welcoming Refugees, & MoreMarch 27, 2017
The March 2017 issue of Word&Way marks an expanded magazine as it's now includes 33 percent more pages than last year. It was exciting to see the issue come together - and more exciting to see it show up in print. Here are the pieces I wrote for the issue:
- My editorial, Our Finest Moments, on missionaries ministering to "other" people
- An article, Home, University Respond in Convention Legal Battle, on the latest arguments in the ongoing Missouri Baptist litigation
- An article [not online] on efforts by Midwest Baptists to welcome refugees
- The cover package on predatory lending. The first piece [not online] gives an overview of the problem. The second piece, Hope Advance, looks at an innovative effort by two churches to help those stuck in debt from payday or car title loans
- An article, Film Explores Missionary Heroism in Nigerian Genocide, on the latest documentary film by EthicsDaily.com
- A Q&A interview with Christian George on the Lost Sermons of C. H. Spurgeon
Other pieces in the issue include:
- An article, William Jewell College, Second Baptist Liberty Build Relationships in Thailand, on a new missions partnership
- A piece by Carolyn Tomlin: Lessons from the Family Table: 4 Reasons Why Sharing Meals Matter
- A column by Wade Paris: The Price of Money
- A column by Ken Satterfield: Be Memorable with a Little Shortin'
- A column by Doyle Sager: Be Kind to PKs!
- And much more that can only be found in the print edition, like a feature on how churches can respond to the drug abuse crisis
Get your subscription now (for only $17.50 a year) so you don't miss out!